Improve water quality by reducing non-point source pollution.
- Promote proper animal waste utilization and knowledge of H.B. 88 pollution abatement rules through educational programs.
- Assist in the design and installation of animal waste management systems.
- Assist landowners on the development and implementation of conservation plans which minimize soil loss to a minimum of “T” or less.
- Assist landowners in the design and installation of conservation practices which reduce soil loss.
- Work with County Health Department and county commissioners to promote proper storage and disposal of septage and sewage sludge.
- Assist County Planning Commission in the implementation of erosion and sediment control standards in subdivision regulations.
- Encourage cities, villages, and municipalities to adopt erosion and sediment control regulations.
- Promote the use of erosion and sediment control practices at all governmental levels within the county.
- Seek grant funding for nonpoint source pollution projects on a watershed basis.