The Planning Commission is an 11 member board comprised of the 3 county commissioners and 8 community members who are chosen for their knowledge and expertise from various areas of the County.
- Commissioner J. P. Ducro IV
- Commissioner Casey Kozlowski
- Commissioner Kathryn Whittington
- William Douglass - Geneva Township
- Debbie Friedstrom - Plymouth Township
- Jarrod Dixon - Saybrook Township
- Jerry Krieg - Geneva City
- Sandra Kanicki - Pierpont Township
- Jacklyn Krysa - Austinburg Township
- Thomas Likavec - Colebrook Township
- Shane Styzej - Ashtabula City
Wed Sep. 28
Thu Sep. 29
Wed Oct. 26
The Planning Commission meets each month in the Commissioners meeting room on the 2nd floor of the Old Courthouse, 25 West Jefferson Street, Jefferson, OH. Please see schedule below for submission deadlines and meeting schedule. Applications are due at 12:00pm (noon) on the deadline date. Applications are considered officially filed once Staff has determined that required submission materials are met.
2022 Ashtabula County Planning Commission Schedule
The Planning Commission has approval authority over plats for major subdivisions, replats of existing subdivisions, and makes recommendations for township rezoning and text amendments.
Planning Department's Responsibilities to the Planning Commission
- Prepare cases for review and approval from the ACPC for preliminary plans and plats of major subdivisions and replats.
- Review and approve applications for minor subdivisions, commonly known as lot splits under five acres in non-incorporated areas.
- Assign address numbers to 26 of the 27 townships in the County (Ashtabula excluded).
- Assist with and answer census related questions.
- Assist townships with review of rezoning requests and text amendments.
- Provide technical assistance on land use and planning issues.
- Prepares strategic and thematic master plans including land use, zoning, and transportation by geography or topic.
- Reviews, writes, and revises County Subdivision Regulations.
- Advises County Commissioners, Prosecutor, and other county departments and agencies regarding land use and zoning.