- REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
CONSTRUCTION INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
A COPY OF THE APPROVED CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS SHALL BE POSTED IN A CONSPICUOUS LOCATION ON THE SITE. FAILURE TO HAVE THE PLANS AVAILABLE DURING INSPECTION WILL RESULT AS A FAILED INSPECTION. A $50.00 RE-INSPECTION FEE WILL BE ASSESSED AND A RE-INSPECTION WILL BE REQUIRED.
1. PERMIT HOURS: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday-Friday.
2. INSPECTION HOURS: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Special arrangements will need to be made in advance for inspections outside of these hours.
3. INSPECTIONS: Inspections will typically be scheduled one business day after the request.
4. An On-Site contact and phone number must be identified with each inspection scheduled.
5. Temporary and permanent electric services shall be inspected by the Building Department prior to being energized by the utility company.
6. Plumbing Inspections are done by the County Health Department (440 – 576 – 6010).
7. Absolutely NO WORK shall be covered up or continued without the required inspections as follows:
- Footing - After excavations for footings are complete, reinforcing steel is in place and prior to pouring the concrete.
- Foundation - For concrete foundation walls, forms shall be in place. Materials for the foundation shall be on the jobsite, except where concrete is ready mixed.
- Foundation Pre-Backfill BASEMENT - Drainage pipe, gravel, waterproofing, damp-proofing and insulation installation requirements.
- Foundation Pre-Backfill CRAWLSPACE - Drainage pipe, gravel, waterproofing, damp-proofing, venting installation requirements.
- Foundation Pre-Backfill SLAB - Insulation (Frost Protection).
- Hydronic Piping - Thermal Barrier, Pressure testing and Manufacturers’ installation requirements.
- HVAC SLAB – Approved base, corrosion prevention, slope (moisture), Insulation as required, Air-Leakage Test (If required) and Manufacturers’ installation and requirements.
- Concrete Slab and Under-Floor - After in-slab and under-floor reinforcing steel is in place and building service equipment, conduit, insulation, vapor retarder, piping accessories and other ancillary equipment items are in place, but BEFORE any concrete is placed or floor sheathing installed, including the subfloor.
- Plumbing Rough must be approved by the County Health Department before the “Rough” inspection can be performed.
- Rough – Inspect the roof deck or sheathing, all framing, fire blocking and bracing are in place and pipes, chimney vents to be concealed are complete and the rough electrical, heating wires, pipes and ducts are complete.
- Fire-Resistant Penetrations – Protection of joints and penetrations in Fire-Resistance-rated assemblies shall not be concealed from view until inspected and approved.
- Energy Efficiency (Insulation) - Envelope insulation R and U values, fenestration U value, duct system R value, infiltration air barriers, caulking / sealing of openings in envelope and ductwork, and HVAC and water heating equipment efficiency.
- Fireplace / Woodstove - Inspect at top of smoke chamber when first flue tile is set and smoke chamber is parged. Roof penetrations, clearances and Manufactures’ installation requirements.
- Other Specialty Inspections as required.
- FINAL – Completion of the construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, all mechanical equipment and are installed and compliant with the Manufacturer requirements. (See Final Inspection Guideline List)
Industrialized Units / Modular Homes
- Connection to on-site construction, interconnection of modules, connection of utilities.
- Inspection of the unit for damage resulting from transportation, improper protection of exposed parts from inclement weather and other causes.
- Inspection of the unit to determine if it is marked by an insignia furnished by the board.
- Inspect the unit to determine if the floor plan, exterior elevations, and exposed details are in conformance with the construction documents approved by the board.
FAILURE TO OBTAIN ANY AND ALL REQUIRED INSPECTIONS WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT (IF APPLICABLE)
FINAL INSPECTION GUIDELINE LIST
These items (if applicable) must be completed prior to calling for a final inspection
EXTERIOR: Finish grade, Siding/Veneer, Roofing, Louvers/Vents, Doors, Windows, Safety Glass, Caulking, Masonry Work, Steps and Decks, Railings and Guards
INTERIOR: Insulation, Walls and Floor Finishes, Ceilings, Doors/Hardware, Stairs, Railings and Guards, Exhaust Fans, Smoke Detectors, CO Detectors, Attic Access, Garage Separation, Firestopping, Draftstopping
ELECTRIC: Service Entrance, Panel Directory, Grounding/Bonding, Appliance Connections, Kitchen/Laundry Circuits, Receptacles, Switches, Cover Plates, GFCI Breakers, Arc Fault Protection, Electric Heating, Thermostats
BASEMENT/CRAWL: Floor Slab, Insulation, Foundation Vents, Protective Membrane on Underside of Joists
PLUMBING/MECHANICAL: Furnace/Boiler, Air Conditioning, Water Pump, Sump Pump, Dryer Vent, Chimney/Flue Connections, Fireplace/Woodstove, Fuel Piping/Valves, Duct Work/Insulation
ALL FINAL APPROVALS; BUILDING, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND SEPTIC ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY.