If there an alternative to nursing facility placement?
Yes, Wavier Programs are available to patients who require nursing home care and have the support to stay in their home. They must quality for long term care Medicaid.

Such services are:
  • Passport for those age 60 and over
  • Ohio Homecare Waiver for those under age 60 or those deemed medically fragile at any age
  • Individual Options and OBRA for individuals with mental retardation or developmental disabilities.

Services are provided - such as:
  • nursing
  • transportation
  • housing modifications
  • homemaker
  • chore services.
Discuss this option with the nursing home discharge planning staff or the caseworker and to receive the ODHS 2399 referral.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to be appointed the legal guardian or have power of attorney to apply on the patients behalf?
2. Do I have to pay all my income to the nursing facility in I stay an entire month?
3. If I am discharged to my home, must I pay my income to the nursing home?
4. If I die while I am a resident of a nursing facility, can my personal allowance funds held by the nursing home go to a designated person?
5. If I must spend down some of my assets to quality, can I pre-plan my burial?
6. Can my spouse or dependent children in the community have my assets and income?
7. If I am a community spouse, must I spend the excess assets solely on nursing home costs?
8. Does the Medicaid program recognize common law marriages?
9. What happens to my home if I go into a nursing home?
10. If I have provided care for the nursing home patient, can the home be transferred to me?
11. If there an alternative to nursing facility placement?
12. Will I be eligible for any assistance after I am discharge from the nursing home?
13. What can I do if I disagree with a decision made regarding my application?